Research Assistant Georgetown University Laboratory for Relational Cognition
The Laboratory for Relational Cognition, directed by Dr. Adam Green, is anticipating hiring a full- time research assistant to coordinate and conduct research on reasoning and creativity in high school students and young adults. RA will contribute to ongoing large-scale grant-funded projects and help in development of new projects. The preferred start date is late August 2016. For more information on the lab, see cng.georgetown.edu.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collecting brain-imaging data (primarily fMRI), as well as behavioral and survey data
- Recruitment of participants and running of experimental sessions with young adults
- Coordination with lab members to conduct ongoing projects
- Other duties as needed, including direct involvement with planning research projects and analysis of collected data.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or a related field
- One or more years of research experience in a neuroscience or psychology laboratory - Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new responsibilities
- Attention to detail and self-motivation
- Strong computer skills (E-Prime, MATLAB)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience gathering and analyzing fMRI data - Programming experience
To apply for this position:
Applicants should send a cover letter describing relevant experiences and career goals, a current resume/CV, an unofficial college transcript, and names and contact information of two people who can comment on the applicant’s skills relevant to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send any questions to the lab manager, Dan Goldman, at email@example.com.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please see the Georgetown website for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at (202) 687- 4798. This position requires a criminal background check performed by Human Resources.
Compensation is based on Georgetown pay scales, depending on qualifications and experience.