Position Available – Full-Time Lab Coordinator: Baby Books 2, University of Maryland, College Park
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to be the project manager for BabyBooks 2. BB2 is a randomly assigned NIH-funded intervention to increase low-income, new mothers’ and fathers’ knowledge of child development, parenting, and co-parenting. The intervention will be conducted in two regions and in English and Spanish.
The lab coordinator will work side-by-side with the Pis Natasha Cabrera (University of Maryland) and Stephanie Reich (U of California, at Irvine).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Managing the day-to-day operations associated with the study, tracking progress against milestones and goals.
• Maintaining documentation of training requirements for all key personnel.
• Assisting in determining eligibility, recruiting, and enrolling participants into research studies.
• Preparing testing charts and protocols.
• Collecting and managing data; Assisting in analyzing data.
• Maintaining categorized budget costs for protocols.
• Supervising undergraduate and graduate students on research projects.
• Assisting in the preparation of publications, presentations, reports, and grant applications.
• Participating in the planning and development of future research protocols.
• Master’s degree in Human Development, or a related field. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree will be considered if they have relevant experience
• Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
• Experience conducting research and working in a human development laboratory preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with statistical software (SPSS) and conducting data analyses preferred.
• Excellent skills interacting with infants, children, and parents.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter describing your research experiences and career goals, resume, and contact information for three references electronically to Natasha Cabrera firstname.lastname@example.org