The Communication and Learning Lab, directed by Dr. Daniel Yurovsky at the University of Chicago, seeks a full-time lab manager beginning July 2016. The lab manager will work closely with the PI to set up the new lab, and to kick-start our research program investigating how children and their parents co-construct early language learning. The lab manager will have opportunities for scientific involvement in conference presentations and journal articles.
- designing, running, and analyzing experiments with infants, children, and adults
- coordinating and training undergraduate research assistants
- recruiting participants
- maintaining IRB protocols
- assisting in planning lab events and meetings.
- a bachelor's degree in psychology, cognitive science, or a related discipline
- one or more years of research experience, preferably with children or infants
- excellent organizational and communication skills
- proficient programming skills, ideally in R, Python, or MATLAB
- working knowledge of image and/or video design and editing (e.g. in Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut)
The position is ideal for individuals who wish to pursue research in the future. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV/resume, as well as contact information for two references directly to the official job posting at https://jobopportunities.uchicago.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=652298. A two-year commitment is strongly preferred.