The Infant Studies Lab at the University of Notre Dame seeks a full-time Project Coordinator. The anticipated start date of this position is June 1, 2016. The appointment is funded for one year, with the possibility of reappointment on an annual basis. Priority will be given to applicants who can make a two-year commitment, at minimum.
The lab is directed by Dr. Jill Lany, and its members consist of a smart, hardworking, and friendly team of graduate and undergraduate students. More about the lab can be found here:http://www3.nd.edu/~babylab
The Project Coordinator will aid in carrying out an NSF funded research project on the development of early language skills. Managing the project includes diverse responsibilities, including scheduling and supervising other researchers and research assistants; recruiting participants; data collection, coding, and preparation for analyses; maintaining computers and data collection equipment. We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field
· One or more years of significant experience in a research laboratory
· Good computer skills (e.g., proficiency with Word and Excel are essential; proficiency with one or more other packages (e.g., SPSS, Matlab, etc.) is desirable
· Experience and comfort with working with digital audio files, pictures and movies, as well as interfaces between software and hardware for creating and displaying such stimuli
· Experience working with infants and/or children and their parents
The following qualities are also essential to the position:
· Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks and projects
· Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new responsibilities
· The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Compensation is based on Notre Dame pay scales, and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The compensation package includes benefits.
Please send: (1) CV or resume, (2) cover letter detailing interests, relevant experience, and future educational or career goals, and (3) contact information for three references to: Maddy Oswaldmoswald2@nd.edu. In addition, you must apply online at http://hr.nd.edu/, Job # S16130 to receive consideration for the position.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled._______________________________________________