The NYU Infant Cognition and Communication Lab, directed by Dr. Athena Vouloumanos at New York University, seeks a full-time lab manager beginning June 1, 2016. We look at young infants’ preferences for listening to speech and how early biases for speech shape linguistic, social, and cognitive development.
Job duties include:
- Scheduling and conducting experiments with infants and young children
- Training and managing research assistants
- Data processing, analysis and visualization using software packages such as R
- Administrative duties, including data management, IRB, and budget maintenance
Applicants should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology or cognitive science
- One or more years of research experience, preferably with infants or children
- Experience using R for statistical analysis and data visualization
- Experience using eye-tracking
- The ability to work independently
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent public relations skills
- Strong organizational, computational, managerial, problem-solving, and analytic skills
How to apply: Please send the following documents collated in a single pdf file to Samantha English (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Lab Manager Position”
- A brief cover letter explaining your interest, research experience, and career goals
- A current resume or CV highlighting your research experience and statistical programming skills
- An unofficial college transcript
Please arrange for two reference letters to be emailed directly by research supervisors.
For best consideration, please apply by March 15, 2016. A two-year commitment is preferred, pending funding.