Lab Coordinator: Temple University Infant & Child Lab
The Temple University Infant and Child Laboratory (TICL) at Ambler is seeking a lab coordinator, a position presenting rich and varied opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research in cognition and development. This lab coordinator would work with Dr. Kathy Hirsh-Pasek on projects involving spatial learning, language acquisition, play, and the arts. The position is grant-funded, starting in June 2016. Availability for two years is strongly preferred.
Lab Coordinator duties may include:
- Management of day-to-day lab operations
- Contacting preschools to coordinate research
- Recruitment and scheduling of children aged 2 months to 16 years
- Stimuli design and creation
- Data collection, entry, coding, and analysis
- Presentation of findings at collaborative lab meetings and in federal grant reports
- Management of IRB protocols
- Research grants administration and accounting
- Training and supervising of research assistants
The lab coordinator will also have the opportunity to collaborate in research that will be presented at conferences and published in journals.
- B.A. or B.S. in Psychology, Neuroscience, or a related field
- At least 6 months experience working in a research setting, preferably with infants and/or children
- Computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of participants
- Ability to travel to off-site locations that may not be accessible by public transportation
- Proficiency with SPSS, SAS, and/or R
Please visit our website at www.temple.edu, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Careers @ Temple. Create or update your online profile so you can apply as soon as possible when the job opens on February 23rd. Please reference TU-20135. AA, EOE, m/f/d/v. You must apply online in order to be considered for this position
Please also send a resume/CV and cover letter to Kate Margulis, Lab Coordinator, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed starting immediately and will be accepted until March 11, 2016. Please visit our website (www.temple.edu/infantlab) for more information about the lab.