Open Position: Coordinator, Community Engagement and Health Improvement, Atlantic Health System, Morristown, NJ
· Collect/Analyze public health data (local and national) to inform community health improvement activities. Present data back to stakeholders in appropriate, real-world format to aide decision-making
· Support community health improvement activities through technical assistance, which includes: program/intervention design, translation of best-practices from the literature, evaluation activities, data collection, facilitations, and staff training.
· Work collaboratively with other departments, partner agencies and community members to design and implement best practice research and intervention for public health.
· Maintain partnerships with other Atlantic Health Departments and our community-based partners in order to respond to emerging data and technical assistance needs.
· Lead and manage projects on behalf of the Center; represent us with various stakeholder groups
· Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Community Psychology, Social Work, Epidemiology, Evaluation or a related field
· 2-5 years’ experience working in the field (practicum and internship experience acceptable) designing public health interventions and providing value-added research skills (specific experience with CBPR processes a plus).
· Demonstrated history of working collaboratively with a diverse set of community partners and stakeholders
· Direct project management experience
· Strong Quantitative Skillset: proficiency in SPSS (or other major statistical packages) and MS Excel, along with ability to work with large datasets
· Preferred: Experience with GIS, Survey Development a plus
· Preferred: Specific knowledge of public health / health promotion theory and methods, including but not limited to prevention of chronic health conditions, addressing social determinants of health, environment/policy change, and collection/use of biometric screening data.
About the Atlantic Center for Population Health Sciences:
Nested within Atlantic Health’s “Community Engagement and Health Improvement” Department, the Atlantic Center for Population Health Sciences provides program planning, evaluation and applied research services for Atlantic Health System (www.atlantichealth.org), its community partners, and the North Jersey Health Collaborative (www.njhealthmatters.org). Our primary goals are to design and evaluate community-based interventions, conduct the Community Health Needs Assessments, collect and analyze population health data, and support research initiatives. Our team environment is collaborative – it’s typical that a project touches many hands before it is finalized. We need someone who knows how to take both input and initiative, be a team-player AND a project leader at once. We need someone who thrives with variety, and can take and give critical feedback for the sake of what’s best for the community we serve.
About Atlantic Health System:
Atlantic Health System is one of the leading non-profit health care systems in New Jersey, providing a wide array of health care services to the residents of Northern and Central regions of the state as well as Pike County, PA, and southern Orange County, NY. We are creating a Trusted Network of Caring™. Our promise to our communities is that anyone who enters our system will receive the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost.
The system has been chosen for the past eight consecutive years by FORTUNE® as one of the magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®.” In addition, Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE named us one of the 100 Best Workplaces For Millennials in the country.
Apply online. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.