The Snedeker Lab is seeking an energetic and intellectually-engaged research assistant for studies of language comprehension in typically-developing children and adults.
Responsibilities include: preparing stimuli, recruiting families, testing children and adults, coding data, assisting with data analysis, training undergraduate assistants, managing a summer internship program, maintaining equipment, coordinating the use of space, organizing meetings, and assisting with grant management.
* An undergraduate degree in psychology, linguistics or cognitive science
* A strong interest in the psychology of language
* Prior experience working with young children
* Comfortable with technical trouble shooting
* Well organized, calm under pressure, and comfortable juggling half a dozen things at once
Skills that would be put to good use include:
* Experience with eye tracking
* Experience with R, Matlab and Eprime
* Coursework in semantics, pragmatics and syntax
* Experience with CHILDES and corpus analyses
* Experience with kids on the autism spectrum
* A sense of humor
* A fondness for verb argument structure, connectives, pronouns and prosody.
Our lab is embedded in larger communities both within Harvard and in the wider Boston area, which offer rich resources for students interested in developmental psychology, psycholinguistics and linguistics. Research assistants are encouraged to make use of these resources. Folks who have held this position in the past have gone to graduate programs in psychology, linguistics, speech and hearing sciences, and clinical linguistics.
More information about Dr. Jesse Snedeker's work can be found on the Harvard LDS website: https://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/lds/research/snedeker/jesse-snedeker/
Potential applicants should email Ellie Kaplan (email@example.com): a letter of interest, a CV, and three references (email addresses and phone numbers are best). Please feel free to write with questions as well!
This is a two-year, limited-term position with the possibility of renewal. Review of applications will begin immediately and the start date would be between June 22nd and July 6th.