Community Research at Stanford: Spanish/English Bilingual Research Assistant
The Language Learning Lab at Stanford University seeks a full-time bilingual Spanish/English Research Assistant (RA) to join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team conducting a community-based parenting intervention with Spanish-speaking families. The RA will work closely with parents and children as part of the team responsible for designing and evaluating a new intervention program called the Habla Conmigo Academy.
Salary (with excellent benefits) is competitive and commensurate with experience
- BA/BS in social sciences required, advanced training preferred
- Bilingual/Bicultural (Spanish and English)
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow research protocols and procedures with precision
- Individual initiative and a positive and professional attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with infants and children
- Experience working with low-income ethnically diverse families
- A valid driver's license is necessary
Email address for applications: email@example.com
Please send your resume and a cover letter which you briefly address the following questions:
1) Are you a native Spanish-speaker? If not, what qualifies you to work with Spanish-speaking families?
2) What experience have you had working with Spanish-speaking families and/or diverse populations?
3) How do your skills and training fit the requirements of this position?
4) How does this position fit with your career goals?