The Department of Psychology at Princeton University is seeking a full-time research specialist (i.e., lab manager/research coordinator), under the supervision of Dr. Lauren Emberson. The successful candidate will work in the newly formed Princeton Baby Lab, and have frequent contact with co-director Dr. Casey Lew-Williams. Start date is negotiable, but will ideally be September 1, 2015. The research specialist will participate in all aspects of projects on perceptual development and learning/memory with infants and young children. Dr. Emberson's employs a variety of research methods including neuroimaging (e.g., fNIRS, fMRI) as well as behavioral studies (e.g., eye tracking).
Primary responsibilities for this position will include: (1) coordinating participant recruitment in Princeton, NJ, (2) testing infants and young children in various research techniques (behavioral and neuroimaging), (3) mentoring and supervising undergraduates in the lab, (4) development of experiments (e.g., stimulus construction), and (5) setting up and maintaining operations of the lab through general administrative duties.
- Have a demonstrated interest in developmental and/or cognitive neuroscience research
- Get along well with all types of people
- Have excellent communication skills, especially with young children and families
- Be able to get tasks done efficiently
- Be detail-oriented, motivated, and organized
- Be able to work independently
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science or related fields.
- The final candidate must successfully pass a background check and approval by Princeton Human Resources.
- Experience conducting developmental and/or cognitive neuroscience research
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. R, SPSS)
- Experience with computer programming (e.g., MATLAB)
This is a one-year appointment with the possibility of renewal, pending satisfactory performance and funding availability. Include a cover letter describing your research experiences and career goals, CV, and contact information for at least two references. For more information, please email Dr. Lauren Emberson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed starting March 1st 2015, and review will continue until the hiring process is complete.