San Jos� State University (San Jos�, California) Announcement of Position Availability (Subject to Budgetary Approval)
Child & Adolescent Development
Job Opening ID Number: JOID 23763
Rank: Assistant Professor (tenure track)
- Doctorate in child and adolescent development or related field by start of appointment.
- Experience in research, policy, and/or practice in any aspect of child development such as cognitive, social/emotional, language, contextualized understanding of child development, early childhood education, children and families in community settings including practices, theory, and assessment.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a diverse student population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching, and/or comparable experience.
- An established research program.
- Successful university-level teaching experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines.
- Teach undergraduate and some graduate courses.
- Advise undergraduate and masters students.
- Continue to develop a program of research.
- Participate in shared governance, at all levels of the University
- Address the needs of a student population of great diversity � in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation � through course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Starting Date: August 21, 2017
Eligibility: Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Application Procedure: For full consideration upload a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching interests/ philosophy, research plans, and at least three original letters of reference with contact information by October 3, 2016 to apply.interfolio.com/36388
Please include Job Opening ID (JOID) on all correspondence.
Please direct questions to:
Dr. Robin Love, Chair of Recruitment Committee