Immediate Post-Doctoral Fellowship Available: Temple University Infant and Child Lab
The Temple University Infant and Child Laboratory at Ambler is looking for a post-doctoral fellow to work on projects with Dr. Kathy Hirsh-Pasek and Dr. Roberta Golinkoff. This is a fabulous opportunity to hone your research experience and gain additional publications and presentations.
The project is an IES-funded collaborative study between Temple University and University of Delaware, investigating preschool spatial skills training by examining various strategies for teaching spatial skills and comparing the delivery of those strategies in concrete and digital formats. Because the training involves language and gesture, applicants with a wide range of experience will be considered for the position. This position has a 1-year minimum, with the possibility of extending to 2 years.
As the project manager, the post-doctoral fellow will be expected to participate at all levels of the project. The responsibilities include:
· Data collection at preschool sites,
· Training and supervision of undergraduate and graduate RAs and other project staff,
· Data coding and analysis,
· Write-up and dissemination of results for internal reports and peer-reviewed
· Presentation of findings in national and international conferences,
• Ph.D. in Psychology, Education, or a related field
• Experience working with young children in research/preschool settings
• Ability to travel to off-site locations that may not be accessible by public transportation
• Training in a wide range of areas including, early cognitive development with an emphasis on spatial learning, early mathematical readiness, play and learning, language and gestural development
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, writing, and organizational skills
• Ability to interact with a diverse population of participants
• Proficiency with SPSS, SAS, and/or R
Please send a resume/CV, cover letter, and research statement to Jelani Medford, Lab Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Please visit our website (www.temple.edu/infantlab) for more information about the lab.