Post-Doctoral Fellowship Position: MassGeneral Hospital for Children/Harvard Medical School
The Division of General Academic Pediatric is a research division in the Department of Pediatrics within MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), a leading pediatric research institution. The Division of General Academic Pediatrics is dedicated to improving the health of children and adolescents through: (1) prevention and reduction of the burden of chronic disease among children; (2) elimination of disparities in children’s health and healthcare; (3) improving the health of populations across the lifecourse; and (4) preparing and supporting primary care pediatricians and pediatric public health practitioners in the delivery of health care innovations and in the conduct of research that leverages clinical and community partnerships.
The Division is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow to work as part of the research and evaluation team of Dr. Elsie Taveras, Chief of the Division of General Academic Pediatrics, to help develop, implement, and evaluate several research studies related to obesity prevention and management, and sleep health across the lifecourse. The Fellow will work on one or more research initiatives under the supervision of Dr. Taveras. This Post-Doctoral Fellow position provides a unique opportunity to develop and translate evidence-based approaches to obesity prevention into interventions that directly impact children’s health, and to rigorously evaluate the impact of such interventions. The Post-Doctoral Fellow position is a 1-2 year opportunity.
Key responsibilities of the Post-Doctoral Fellow will include:
• Leading or co-authoring publications and abstracts, and presenting research findings at scientific meetings • Data management, analysis, and interpretation
• Developing grant proposals to support research efforts
• Collaborating with research staff to ensure synergy between research activities and implementation
• Study design, including developing research and evaluation instruments
• Oversight of data collection efforts
• Conducting literature reviews and synthesizing findings to support research efforts • Advancing the overall research agenda of the division
Key Skills and Experience:
PhD in nutrition, health services research, maternal-child health, public health, epidemiology, or the social and behavioral sciences
Strong interest in applied obesity prevention research
Highly experienced with statistical software (SAS), Microsoft Office suite, and RedCap
Strong analytical skills, including graduate-level statistics experience
Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
Detail-oriented, Highly organized and motivated
Excellent writing and communication skills
• Prior grant writing experience
• Experience leading data collection teams; Data management experience
• Experience with sophisticated statistical techniques (e.g., mixed models, latent class analysis, propensity
score analysis, structural equation modeling)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to Elsie Taveras, MD, MPH via Project Manager, Meghan Perkins (email@example.com). Cover letters should clearly explain how this opportunity will advance the candidate’s career objectives.