The Developmental Social Neuroscience Lab at the University of Illinois, directed by Dr. Eva Telzer, seeks applications for a postdoctoral scholar who will be joining an NIH-funded study examining social influence on neurocognitive development in adolescents.
The postdoctoral fellow will be involved in all aspects of the research, including design, implementation, and dissemination of results. The position will include fMRI data collection and analysis, writing manuscripts, and training, collaborating with, and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
• Ph.D. in Psychology, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science or related field
• Experience with collection and analysis of fMRI data
• Evidence of a strong publication record
• Strong interest in, and familiarity with the following: adolescent brain development, emotion regulation and cognitive control, risk taking behavior, peer and family relationships, substance use
• Experience working with developmental populations
• Proficiency in at least one programming language
Pending final funding approval, the position will begin in Fall 2015. A two-year commitment is preferred and can be extended. Interested applicants should send a CV, cover letter, and should arrange to have 2-3 letters of reference sent to
Eva Telzer, PhD
University of Illinois
To read more about our research program, please visit our lab website: http://labs.psychology.illinois.edu/DSNLab/index.html